Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How does a doctor check for women's very thinning hair?

I am a 44 year old woman and I had more than average hair. But, I have been losing a lot of it. I figured that maybe it will stop because everyone has a little hair loss. But it has continued to fall for about 3-4 years and specially in the past few months. Everytime I brush my hair I lose a lot of hair. I don't know when this is going to stop and now I only have a little bit of hair on the front and sides of my face. What type of doctor should I see? What are the methods or tests they use to determine what the cause is?How does a doctor check for women's very thinning hair?
Just a thought, I'm not a medical dr.,but maybe you should go see your family dr. and ask him to test your thyroid. Make sure and tell him your symptoms.How does a doctor check for women's very thinning hair?
First it is important to determine the type of hair loss. It sounds like it may be telogen effluvium. This type of hair loss causes excessive shedding fairly evenly from all over the scalp. This article explains and describes the types of hair loss that affect women. http://www.vzbotanicals.com/typesoffemal鈥?/a>


Medical doctors will test hormone levels, iron, ferritin. thyroid, plus more depending on any other symptoms. A trichologist will examine your scalp to try to determine the type and cause. You can find a lot of information on female hair loss here: http://vzbotanicals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment